It isn’t easy to know when you require a roof replacement or repair since a roof is not something one checks every day. Nonetheless, there are clear signs that show that your house requires roof repair or roof replacement.
Signs that your house needs a roof replacement
- Tear and wear around roof openings and objects: Vents, pipes, chimneys, and other roof objects are the area around which deterioration initially develops.
- Peeling or blistering exterior paint: A poorly ventilated attic allows moisture to build up close to the roofline. This causes the paint to blister or peel off.
- Staining on walls interior or ceilings: There are many causes of stains on ceilings or walls. However, stains on the roof’s underlayment could be due to moisture entering the house via the roof. Repairing or replacing your roof altogether might solve the problem.
- Attic leakage after it rains: If rainwater gets in the attic, replacing a few flashings could be an issue. Nonetheless, if the underlayment starts to leak, you must contact professionals such as roof repair Summerville-based to fix it.
- A sagging roof deck. The decking of your roof should remain straight and not sag downward. If you notice that your deck is sagging, it could signify wet due to moisture. If the leakage is localized, you could avoid a roof replacement by contacting roofing professionals such as roof repair Summerville to carry out a proper repair.
- Increased energy bills: A sudden spike in the heating or air conditioning costs implies that warm or cool air might be leaking in or out via the roof.
- Cracking or Curled Shingles: When shingles near the end of their life expectancy, they become deformed, cracked, or curled. If you notice a deformed shingle, replacing it can enhance the life of the roof. If you notice several deformed shingles, however, you might require roof replacement.
- Light shining via the roof: If you notice sunlight shining into the attic via the roof, your roof has a problem. If sunlight can get past through the shingles, so can wing and rain.